Sunday, March 31, 2013

One Last Binge

Knowing that I am starting a full-scale detox tomorrow, I gave myself permission to eat whatever I wanted all weekend. Having that kind of freedom on Easter weekend means eating a lot of cookies and candy. I honestly can say that I have had my fill. But to be brutally honest, I am surprised at myself.

There was once a time where a free eating pass would have had mean gorging on everything under the sun. Instead, I found myself still exercising some restraint -- even when it came to the King's Hawaiian rolls we had with Easter dinner. I had made my husband pick up an extra package on Friday because I was going to eat one all by myself. As of 9 p.m. tonight, I've eaten two. Not two packages, two rolls. It just wasn't as exciting as I had predicted.

That's my entire philosophy when it comes to this detox. Though I'm afraid I won't be able to make it the full 30 days, my guiding belief is that there is no food in the world that I can't stay away from for 30 days. And it if it's that miserable, I can always decide to eat it again at the end of my detox. I'm hoping to stick with the plan of doing a slow introduction to see what, if any, foods bother me. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment