Monday, April 1, 2013

Detox: Day 1

In an attempt to overcome my food coma from the holiday weekend, I started today bright and early with an intense workout. As far as first days go, today wasn't too bad. The only real temptation I faced was discovering leftover pizza and cookies in the office break room. I steered clear, though, and am glad to say my colleagues made sure that the leftovers didn't last long.

I have to brag on my amazing husband, though. Knowing that I have no willpower around sweets, he left work a tad early and tossed out the cookies and pie we had for Easter. So no more junk food to contend with at home. What a great guy!

Schedule

4:30 a.m. -- Wake Up
4:45 a.m. -- Warm Water with Lemon
5:20-6:20 a.m. -- Exercise: Cycle & Weights
6:30 a.m. -- Morning Juice: Kale, Carrot, Beet, Orange, Apple, Ginger
8 a.m. -- Office
9 a.m. -- Kim Snyder GGS: Lettuce, Spinach, Celery, Apple, Pear, Banana
Noon -- Lunch: Spring Salad w/ Ginger Dressing
3 p.m. -- Snack: Banana
6 p.m. -- Dinner: Baked Sweet Potato Stuffed w/ veggies; Veggie Soup
8 p.m. -- Herbal Tea
9 p.m. -- Bedtime

Side Effects/Reactions

I haven't noticed any ill effects today. I was very hungry before lunch but the salad and banana kept me satisfied throughout the afternoon. Drinking water is definitely important. It helps with the cleansing process and also keeps me from grazing. I am aiming for 90 ounces of water every day. I had close to 100 today. Looking forward to keeping that up.

Ginger Dressing

Today's lunch was a hearty green salad of lettuce, red onion, apple, carrot, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds dressed with this tasty, tangy vinaigrette that I discovered in a recent issue of Yoga Journal.

Ingredients
1/2 cup apple juice 
2 tablespoons miso paste
2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
2 large Medjool dates, pits removed
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

Directions
1. Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Makes 2/3 cup. Will keep for about a week when refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment